Use the questions below to write your nomination, and then e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATHENEUM APPLICATION in the subject line. Writers may nominate themselves for the Atheneum. There is no fee to apply.
1. Please list in order the following information:
Date of Birth
2. I am applying for admission in the following genre. Select only one:
3. If you have taken workshops in the past, with whom have you studied?
4. Please include the following manuscript material:
~ Fiction: 20-25 pages. This may include short fiction or part of a novel.
~ Non-fiction: 20-25 pages. This may include memoir, essay, journalism, or creative non-fiction.
~ Poetry: A small group of poems. 10-15 pages.
5. Please include a brief descriptive statement in answer to the following:
Given that the Attic Atheneum involves monthly one-on-one mentoring and semi-monthly genre team meetings, how do you see an 11-month course of study at this time in your life as essential to your writing ambitions?
6. Please include a brief descriptive statement in answer to the following:
Given that the Attic Atheneum involves 18 members (12 students, 6 faculty) that attend four Atheneum community gatherings and receptions, in addition to the 3-day urban retreat that concludes the program, how do you envision your role as a participant in the community of the Attic Atheneum and your class?
7. Please include one letter of nomination/reference. You can include the letter with your application materials or have your recommender send it. Either way is fine. The letter should address the following:
~ Your interest in writing and literary community
~ Your demonstrated capacity to thrive in both the one-on-one and group community environment of the Atheneum
~ Why you would be a valuable addition to the Atheneum mission and community.
8. Q&As to give us a sense of you:
~ Describe your personality in 3 words.
~ Your favorite fictional character: Books.
~ Your favorite fictional character: Films.
~ Best 3 films.
~ Favorite food for a quiet dinner.
~ If you could have lived in another time period, which one?
~ Name a political hero.
~ Name a family hero.
~ Your best conversation starter.
~ Surprising conversation head-turner about you.
Application and nomination materials cannot be commented upon or returned, and cannot be amended or added to once we have received them.
Reminder: Applications must be received by e-mail between May 1 - May 31.Use the questions below to write your application, and then e-mail your application to email@example.com with ATHENEUM APPLICATION in the subject line.