Well, we all have a story now! Maybe you rescued a stranger or were trapped in the house for days with feral children. Maybe you had to chain your truck to a tree to prevent it from sliding down the icy driveway and crashing into your house (yep, that really happened). Snowpocalypse 2017 was beautiful and a pain, and at least you should get some material out of it.
So put pen to paper and enter this Pop-Up contest! Better get cracking: the deadline is coming up soon. Details follow:
- Prose only (fiction & non-fiction OK, and judged as a single category). We love poetry, but none this time, please.
- 1,000 words or less
- Submissions must involve snow, winter, storms, or something related.
- Entries will be judged by Attic faculty; winners to be published on the Attic Institute website.
- Deadline: midnight Friday Feb 10
- Entries should be double-spaced, in 12 point font, and sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Attic Writing Competition. Stories will be judged blind; please do not include your name on your piece.